What Constitutes Ragging?
In Raging, one or more of the following acts:
- Any student or student who speaks with any conduct or by writing or by an act that affects the effect of a fresher or any other student with teasing, treatment or rudeness.
- Any student or student is likely to cause persecution, difficulty, physical or psychological harm or cause fear or fear of any budding or other student who is involved in rowdy or inappropriate activities by any student.
- Asking any student to do any such work which such student will not do in the normal course and which has the effect of creating or creating a sense of shame or pain or embarrassment, so that the person or body of any other person Students adversely affected.
- Any work by a senior student who inhibits, disrupts or harms the regular academic activity of any other student.
- Exploiting a fresher or any other student’s services to meet the educational tasks of a group of individuals or groups.
- Any act of financial extortion or strong expenditure that is put on students by a fresher or any other student.
- Any work of physical abuse to force sexual abuse, gay attacks, snatches, porn, obscene gestures, gestures, physical harm or any other danger to the person or person.
- Any work or misuse of words, emails, posts and public humiliation from speaking words, in which obtaining corrupt pleasures, active or passive fresher or any other student participating in the inconvenience will lead to vain or harmful adventures.
National Anti Ragging Help Line (UGC Crisis Hotline)
24×7 Toll Free Number* 1800-180-5522
Where Can I get Help?
- I do not want you to feel that you are alone and help less. We are all with you.
- Your Parents are there to help. Please do not feel that you will burden your parents. Talk to them freely and openly. If you are being ragged – it is not your fault. They understand that.
- Your College Administration is there to help. Please do not hesitate to ask for help. They will definitely help you. The local police and local administration is also there to help. Institute level anti-ragging committee has been formed as below:
Anti Ragging Videos
You are advised to see anti-ragging videos developed and distributed to prevent the risk of ragging. Link is below:
What is zero tolerance policy for ragging?
Any institution fails to take action against ragging will not be allowed to operate. No act of ragging, major or minor, shall go unnoticed.
Who will implement this policy?
Everyone concerned, specially:
- The heads of the educational institutions.
- The State Government, through Divisional Commissioners.
- The opinion makers.